7.21.2007

Widows luncheon

table.jpg

For a while now my Mom and I have been planning a special luncheon for some of the widow ladies at church.  We sent out really cute invitations for a sandals, soup and salad luncheon in their honor.  While we would have liked to invited all of the widow ladies, Mom's table only seats 8 - so that was our number.  We spent all day Thursday cooking and getting things ready, and it was SO worth it.  The ladies started arriving around 11:15 yesterday and we had some appetizers set out (Central Market cheeses and crackers...yum).  After everyone got there, we took a group pictures and just told them how much they mean to us and to our church family.  Two of these ladies have buried 2 husbands, and one of these ladies has also buried her 3 children and beaten cancer...twice.  They vary in ages, interests, lifestyles, etc., but all have an undying love for God and faith in His plan and purpose.  They are such an encouragement to everyone around them, and I thank God that I know them.  I said a prayer for them buffet.jpgand our food, and we sat them down for some chilled tomato, cucumber and cantaloupe soup.  After that, we served them 3 different kinds of cold salads and they were asking for to-go boxes!  Then we played a game that I put together and even had a prize (DSW gift certificate) for the winner.  Then we had lime sherbet with mini chocolate chips for dessert and sent them on their way.  It was very humbling to me to be able to do this small thing for them, and they were all very appreciative.  Hopefully we can make this an annual event!

(And Dad - thank you SO much for keeping the kids while we did this...you were a real lifesaver!)

ladies.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment