3.21.2010

loving curly-haired Meme

soccer_042.JPGThe kids and I spent the first couple of days of spring break in Tyler to visit my Meme - or curly-haired Meme as the kids call her.  I LOVE going to visit her for lots of reasons (and top of the list is just because I love her), but for some reason everything just tastes better there.  Seriously.  She can set out all of the fixings to make turkey sandwiches and they taste 10 times better than if I set out those same things at my house.  I really don't know how she does that.  She makes lima beans taste like candy.  Ethan ate 2 entire sweet potatoes for dinner Monday night because he said he couldn't stop eating them they were so good...just baked sweet potatoes.  The same baked sweet potatoes I make at home and he'll eat about half of one.  Obviously we ate very well while we were there.  And part of the fun was that my mom made the trip with us which is always nice.  We hung around the house, took the kids to a park to play for a while (the same park that I went to on a date once in high school so that was a walk down memory lane), went shopping at a children's boutique, talked and laughed a lot, and played lots of games. 

Thanks to Meme and Nana, Ethan is addicted to a card game called 9-hole golf.  He really can't get enough of it.  He asks me to play every single day and we had to make a special trip to the store to buy his very own 9-hole golf cards.  We played about 50 rounds at Meme's house and have since played about 50 rounds here at home.  At least it's not Hi Ho Cherry-O! 
soccer_038.JPG

We were excited to have my Aunt Ginny and Uncle David come over for dinner and more games.  Meme had a marble board built for her and there's a game we play (I don't even know the name of it) that seems to have rules added and deleted at random, but it makes for great memories. 
soccer_043.JPG

And one of my favorite parts of the trip was having Meme read stories to the kids.  I'll never forget it.
soccer_037.JPG

2 comments:

  1. How sweet it must be to see your grandmother read to your babies.
    Sounds like you guys had a full spring break:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What sweet memories you made!

    ReplyDelete