11.03.2008

Learning

I get excited when the kids learn new things.  I love watching them do things for the first time and seeing how they respond to new things and new environments.  But the thing I get most excited about is watching them learn about the Bible, being a part of a church family, God's love, etc.  Last night during church Rachel was picking up all of the songbooks and Bibles and opening them.  She would put my hands inside and say, "old part - new part!".  I love that she associates every book with a Bible.  I'm so thankful that my mom is the curriculum developer for the toddler classes at church because she puts so much value into teaching the little ones.

Saturday night at church we had a chili cookoff that was a lot of fun.  Despite Clay's best efforts his chili didn't place (my dad's got 3rd!), but there's always next year.  Anyway, the cookoff was part of a youth group activity and we had a devotional afterward.  Clay led a few songs and Ethan went right up there to help him.  I love that he's already learning how to do that!
pics_076.jpg

3 comments:

  1. Unfortunately I missed this moment. But your dad is still smiling. We SO HOPE we are around to witness his first time to lead singing. His future is bright.

    ReplyDelete