12.10.2007

In memory of Robin

Some of you already know this, but this past weekend was a veryLaborDay0034_1.JPG difficult one for our family.  Clay's cousin - Robin Reynolds York - lost her life on Thursday in an act of domestic violence by her husband, who then took his own life.  She was 37 years old - the oldest of the grandchildren on that side of the family.  I'm not sure I've ever met anyone who loved their family as much as she did.  This is so tragic for her immediate and extended family, and it's still hard to process that she's gone.  She leaves behind an 8 year old son - Caleb - who will now live with his aunt (Robin's younger sister), uncle and cousin.  He is so loved and cherished, but I can't even fathom the hard road he has ahead.  If you are reading this, please stop and say a prayer for this amazing family who is putting all of their hope and trust in the Lord right now.  As it was said at her funeral, it is not God who causes evil, but He conquers evil.  And, if you are reading this and feel compelled to do so, please leave a comment for Robin's parents, sister and son.  I think it would bring them a lot of comfort to know that they are being thought of and prayed for by people that never had the chance to meet Robin.

December 2005 with her sister, Holly
NewYears050047.JPG

Caleb - December 2005
NewYears050059.JPG

Robin & Caleb at our family reunion in September
2007_0902LaborDay20070060.JPG

19 comments:

  1. To Robin's family - You're in my thoughts and prayers during this time of pain and sadness. May God comfort through the love and compassion of His children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please know that your family has been and will continue to be in our prayers. We are so sorry for this tragic loss, but trust that God's comfort can see you through. May God bless you and, especially, Caleb during this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted to let you know that your family is in our prayers during this very difficult time. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a friend of Susan's. I never had the opportunity to meet Robin but please know that my heart and prayers go out to you and the family. I pray that God comfort you, give you peace and grace through this all. Trust in Him and all your ways and He will give you peace and rest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a friend of Susan's. My thoughts and prayers have been with each of you and will continue to be. I pray the Lord our mighty creator will hold all of your hands through this and give you peace and comfort in his arms.

    2 Samuel 22:7 - I called to the Lord in my distress, I called to my God. From His temple He heard my voice.

    2 Kings 20:5 - I have heard your prayers; I have seen your tears. Look, I will heal you

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love you all and will continue praying for everyone. If there is ever anything we an do, please don't hesitate to call. Remember what the apostle Paul said, "in our weakness, He is strong". Lord give us all strength in Jesus name.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We love you all and will continue to pray for you daily. If we can do anything, please don't hesitate to call. Remember the words of the apostle Paul, "in our weakness, He is strong." Lord, give us all strength, in Jesus name.

    ReplyDelete
  8. For Robin's family,
    I can't imagine the pain you are feeling right now, and I can't comprehend why things like this happen. But I do know our God will bring you through this season in your life and grant you a peace that only He can give. Proverbs 3:5 says "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding." It seems in times like this, that is all we can do - Trust in Him. We will continue to pray for each of you daily.
    Caisson, Tiffany and Maddox Hogue
    Summerville, SC

    ReplyDelete
  9. We hurt for you and the sorrow you are having to deal with. May the Lord, true to His word, give you" beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning and the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness". (Isa. 61:3) You are in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. To the Family of Robin Reynolds York:

    As hard as I may try, my mind can't comprehend the tragic accident that took your sweet Robin from you. I have tried to make sense of it all and it's not ever going to make sense, no matter how many times a day I think about it. There are no words I can say nor deeds I can do that will make the pain of your loss any better but I can pray without ceasing for your family, especially Caleb.
    I know that God is watching over all of you and is walking every step with Caleb.

    God bless all of you,

    Heidi Moore

    ReplyDelete
  11. I taught with Holly in Van for many years. Although I never met Robin I just wanted to extend my condolences to her family and friends. God Bless you all during this time. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

    Oralia Duque

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was so sorry to hear about Robin. I am a friend of Sara Crenshaw's from college and just wanted you all to know that I will be praying for your family and Caleb. How tragic this will be in his life but with strong Christian's surrounding him he will get through this. May the Lord bless you all in this trial and may you be stronger in the end. The Lord is faithful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Our prayers are with each of you affected by this tragedy. Having 2 daughters ourselves, we cannot fathom the depth of loss you must feel. We pray you will feel the comfort of our Father and Caleb will know of His love through the love he gets from his family.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My heart was so saddened when I heard about this tragedy and I am still thinking about your family and praying for you! May God show you His mighty strength through this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Betty,

    I regret that I never had lunch with Robin. I miss her a lot. I miss seeing her beautiful smile and her sweet spirit that truely came from God. I've got her picture in a special place that I see almost daily and think about the family all the time. Prayers go up for you, the family and Caleb quite frequently by Sam and myself and I'm sure without knowing first hand that Johnny prays for you too. Robin is truely a rose that will be missed, but she is now at peace with the Peace Maker. I love you and your family so much. God will comfort you if you just let Him.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was so saddened to hear about this tragedy. I knew both Bobby and Robin and Caleb. I thought about him over the Holidays and I pray that he is doing well. My heart is heavy for him, his mother loved him dearly. I know she is watching over him still. I know God is holding him close and I know he will make it through the valley. I will continue to pray for him and the family.

    Deborah Cotton, Nscogdoches

    ReplyDelete
  17. [...] We are back from Clay’s family reunion weekend and we had a blast.  We went to New Braunfels this year and all camped at his cousin’s house in a beautiful part of the state.  We’ve been getting together every Labor Day for several years now, and we really look forward to this long weekend.  Even though his Tennessee cousins weren’t able to be there, we still had a big group with a lot of kids.  From morning till night the kids just ran around outside playing, swinging, riding the 4 wheeler, using the slip-n-slide, digging in the mud, playing in the creek - you get the idea.  Ethan REALLY didn’t want to come home.  We also threw in an SFB trip to Sea World on Friday, and everyone visited the McKenna Children’s Museum and the Gristmill on Saturday.  I would highly recommend both of those places.  This was the first reunion that we’ve had since Robin (Clay’s cousin) has been gone, and I really hated that she wasn’t there to experience the fun and see what an awesome son she raised.  Holly - you and David are my everyday heroes for loving Caleb the way you do. [...]

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are in my thoughts and prayers. May god be with you and help you through hard times

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am frequently searching for new articles in the WWW about this topic. Thankz!!

    ReplyDelete