1.22.2007

Take a nap? I don't think so

Although Ethan is supposed to be taking a nap right now, I can hear him in his room singing the tune of "Twinkle, Twinkle," but he's just inserting the word "lightning" for every word of the song. This is of course in reference to Lightning McQueen from the movie Cars - I just peeked around the corner and he's sitting on his couch all stretched out looking at his Cars tent over his bed and singing. Right now he's on verse 4.... :) So, apparently even when your head is nodding during lunch because you're so tired because you woke up - again - at 5:30, that in no way means that you are ready to take a nap. If it wasn't so cute I'd go in there and tell him to get back in bed. And unfortunately the camera is downstairs or I would take a picture, but I certainly don't have the energy to go downstairs right now just to come right back up. Oh, but I do have a picture of the tent. This is one of my grandmother (yes, Ethan's great-grandmother) in the tent over Christmas with Addi, Ethan and Libby. I can only hope to be this active when I'm 78!Christmas20060154.JPG

4 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa! I hope you are feeling good this week and looking forward to getting to hold that baby girl!! I wanted to thank you for the allergist referral and tell you that we will see Dr. Harvey this Thursday for Isaac's first appointment!! Take Care! - Robin England

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I feel your pain. Not necessarily today but have so been there. The only way Kellen takes a nap is that he knows he'll get Veggie Tales fruit snacks afterwards. Terrible, I know. Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love to check in on you and read the updates. I am not always good at leaving messages, just wanted to say hand in there. Rest when you can - life will be real busy soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rest without actual sleep counts as a nap at our house on some days. If Mom gets a little "rest", I think it is worth letting little ones sing or read books or play as long as they do it quietly in their rooms :)

    ReplyDelete